Friday, August 1, 2008

Miniature Quilts

I have not gotten to my sewing machine since I have been home from convention and am anxious to get started on anything right now just to be able to sew. This week has been busy with other things.

Had lunch with two friends yesterday and we had a mini-show and tell which makes me want to sew even more. They showed all the things they had done recently and I didn't have much - just what I did in class in convention and the challenge quilts from NSQG and our guild.

We had our first sweet corn yesterday - YUM! It is always such a treat and I can't wait for it to be ready each year. Of course I make a pig out of myself the first few times too. I imagine I will be preparing the sweet corn for the freezer some time soon too so no sewing then either.

Decided to photograph some other miniature quilts I have made in the past. This first one I call "Island Treasure." It is paper pieced, hand quilted and finished in 2002. I included a close up shot of the quilting in the second photo. This mini won the miniature quilt category at the State Fair in 2002.
The next one is made from batik fabric with frogs - I beaded one and made it into a small wall hanging in 2005. The last quilt "Woven Gems" is one I made for a doll bed this past year. It doesn't look like it but it was one of the hardest miniatures I have ever done. Getting the 9 patches to look square then to match them to the snowball block was really difficult. Still not perfect but as good as I could do. These last two were machine quilted.

I just finished entering quilts for the Nebraska State Fair and entered "Woven Gems" in the Doll Quilt category. Don't expect to do real well this year as all three that I entered have some problem or other. The other two entered are the "Morning Star Over The Pine Ridge" and the "Three Flowers", both are posted on earlier posts.

Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...