Saturday, October 16, 2010

Small Autumn Mums

I finished my Frieda Anderson quilt...Small Autumn Mums.  Notice the name is different than what I have been referring to it by?  I have been calling it Little Autumn Mums but this afternoon I looked up the instructions she handed out and see that it is "Small" not "Little" like I thought.

The binding is fused fabric cut with the deckle rotary blade and fused on. Two opposite sides are fused first then the last two. The ends of the last two are trimmed and folded to the back then the backside of that last strip fused down. The final touch is the top stitching around the outside edge.

I did add a sleeve to the back and that is the only hand stitching on the entire quilt. With all the machine quilting I did on it the quilt was not quick to make but did stretch me out of my comfort zone. I had never just free hand cut strips and fused the backing of a quilt together so that was a new technique for me. I am not sure I will "free" cut but do like the idea of fusing as I am designing so may try that again.

I don't have a clue as what I will work on next. Maybe I will have to get out one of my UFOs to finish.
Fused Binding - front
Fused Binding - back
Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...