Monday, April 1, 2013

Chicken Salsa Soup

IMG_2274I  recently got this simple hearty soup recipe from one of my daughters that is so tasty as well as quick and easy.   Here is the recipe in case you want to make it too.  As you can see there are not too many ingredients and you might already have them in the cupboard.IMG_22681 (14.5 oz) can of Chicken Broth, low sodium, low fat

1 (13 oz) can of chopped chicken breast

1 (15.25 oz) can of Black Beans low sodium 

1 cup(s) fat free Salsa or Picante sauce

1/2 medium Onion chopped - optional

Put the chicken into a soup pot and break it up into small chunks then pour the rest of the ingredients into the pot and stir to blend. Bring it to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes and serve.

I figured out the Weight Watchers points and it is 4 P+ for a 1 cup serving so is quite low. It is very filling and quite delicious.

I made it once with Salsa and once with Picante Sauce and it was good both times.  Both were a mild flavored sauce but you could use the medium or hot if you like it spicier.   Do use the low sodium beans and chicken broth as the Salsa and chicken have enough salt and the first time I didn't have the low sodium variety and the soup was a bit salty for my taste.  The original recipe didn't have the onion added but I like more onion than was in the Salsa but it is good without the onion.IMG_2277
See, I told you it was easy!

Enjoy,
Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...