Friday, February 13, 2015

Machine Quilted Valentines


Happy valentines day everyone!  I have always loved making valentines and this year was no exception.  I stitched 8 different hearts on whole cloth postcards for my valentine project.  I do love to machine quilt so this was a good excuse to do more of what I love.
IMG_3199
IMG_3201
IMG_3202The first three were stitched in pink thread for the design and white for the background.  The “binding” is a strip of fabric with fusible on the back cut with a wavy rotary cutter and pressed around the outside edges to finish them off. IMG_3205
IMG_3213These are less frilly and are for my two grandsons.  Hopefully they won’t think they are too girly.  Red fabric with white thread says happy valentines day, right?IMG_3207
IMG_3209IMG_3211White on white fabric and red stitching for the heart designs on these three.  As you can see I do love to stitch feathers and what a better place to use them than on hearts.

I made the back of the card from a printed phrase, poem, sentiment printed on card stock and that too was fused to the back of the card.  By the way, the front fabric was fused to Peltex or Timtex which is a thick, stiff stabilizer.  I quilted the cards, fused on the back then fused on the binding.  Ta-Da done!IMG_3219
IMG_3221
IMG_3224I finished them up on Wednesday, popped them into addressed envelopes and delivered them to the post office to mail.  I always mail these kinds of fabric postcards in envelopes to keep them clean and prevent them from getting caught in post office machinery.  Hopefully they will arrive in time for Valentines Day and be enjoyed by all.

Until later,
Lynn

5 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

Best ever Valentines. Lovely free-motion quilting too! I hope you'll consider sharing in my weekly #CreativeGoodness Linky Parties that I host every Friday. Great way to share creativity and inspire.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Jen said...

These are very pretty and extra special Valentine's!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Pam said...

Very pretty. Great job.

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your quilting is absolutely beautiful! These Valentine's will be saved and treasured for years to come, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, your quilting is amazing :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...