Thursday, March 19, 2015

Nebraska State Quilt Guild–Fay’s Block

IMG_3776
Fay’s quilt is the last of the challenge quilts in my group for me to work on.  Two other gals added borders before I got it.  Fay’s original quilt consisted of nine 3” blocks, Kay added the bottom and left side borders and Janet added the diamond top border.  I hung it on my flannel wall for a while to study and figure out what to add next.IMG_3781
The only shape required that had not been used in the borders was a pinwheel so that was what I decided to make.  The 2” pinwheels were fun to make and made five.  To fit them to the border I divided the excess length by 4 to determine the size of the sashing between the blocks.IMG_3780
IMG_3779
This is what Fay’s quilt looks like at this point.  She may want to add more or different borders and will be fun to see what she does with it to finish it.

As a reminder here are the challenge rules -It is a round robin challenge with a team of 4-5 quilters of your choice.  Each quilt will start with a 9” finished center block.  You will build around the center block using borders with the following shapes—pinwheels, circles, diamonds, applique, and some embellishment.  The front of the quilt must have at least one of each shape listed but you may use more of these shapes if you wish.  Each quilt cannot exceed 120 total inches around.  It must be quilted, bound and a label sewn on the back.

I am getting anxious to get my own back to see what my friends did with it.  

Until Later,
Lynn

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

This is a fun and exciting challenge. I look forward to seeing what you friends added to your block as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...