Friday, December 13, 2013

Noodle Making Time

Yesterday was my annual noodle making marathon.  I love to give homemade egg noodles to friends and family at Christmas each year.  Everyone makes cookies or specialty breads but no one I know gives homemade noodles.2013-12-13 13.04.40
These are the noodles drying from yesterday, minus some I gifted already this morning.  I used a total of 13 1/2 cups of flour in the 4 recipes I made.  I may have to make a few more but this might be it for this Christmas.  I make noodles occasionally for John and I throughout the year but not in these large quantities.

Last year I wrote about making noodles and gave the recipe I used and you can read that blog post here.  The Kitchen Aid noodle attachment is great and I would not be making the volume of noodles without it.  Don’t get me wrong…it is still time consuming and a bit of work but nothing like doing all the kneading and cutting by hand.

Until Later,
Lynn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks good!
Where do you find the time to do all that you do?

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

I love your noodles! I made food baskets for my kids a few years ago and included a wonderful puffy cheese noodle. It is always more fun to give the unexpected.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...