Ta-Da…The boo-boo quilting is removed and I have the outside border re-quilted and will be binding this mini quilt soon. You can be sure that I checked the thread color more than once before I started quilting!
It took me almost 4 days to get the feathers that I quilted all around the border with the wrong thread ripped out. Of course that was not morning to night working but several hours each day. I almost had to pick each stitch out individually but I was determined to get it done. I used my magnifying glasses, seam ripper, and hemostats to grab the threads to get the job done. I tried to make it less of a tiresome job by watching a good movie or two on TV or listening to an audio book. Actually I listened to the movies more than watched them. I can say I did a better job with the machine quilted feathers the second time than I did the first so maybe I should just think of it as practice.
I soaked the quilt in cold water to get the blue marker out then gently washed and rinsed it. It is now laid on a towel after blocking it to square. When it is dry…and I have time I will get the binding on. I have never done it in this order before so this is new to me. I usually bind the quilt then give it a gentle wash/rinse then bind it but since there was so much blue marker on it I felt it needed to get removed before I added the binding. I sure didn’t want to take a chance of getting it set in. I sometimes press the first seam of the binding with the tip of the iron to help it roll to the back – that is the heat that could set the blue. I also read somewhere that a quilter blocked her quilts before she bound them – another reason to try it this way.
PT tomorrow then some shopping if the weather cooperates – we have had freezing drizzle and a few snow flakes off and on today. It seems like every time I have a PT appointment it is nasty weather or I have to rush home for some reason. Tomorrow is free and clear so have my list made and my credit card ready!