collection of Faith and Stephen Brown at the Denver Art Museum. We were all fascinated by the "Nine Patch Crib Quilt" so decided to do an exchange of 9 patch blocks and see what we all could come up with. Our only rules, if I remember them right were to make 5 blocks of 6 different solids for each person in the group. There were 5 of us so that was a lot of blocks. We were to use solid black in the same position and the finished blocks were to be 3". A couple of the gals threw in a zinger or two which was fun. I made extra blocks and remember I didn't use all the blocks I had - have no idea how many 9 patch blocks ended up in the quilt.
I finally got my top pieced together a couple years ago then ended up putting it my stack of UFOs as I didn't know how I was going to quilt it. I did have fun arranging the blocks and love the light squares floating in the middle of the quilt. Three of the gals got their's pieced and quilted right away, don't know about the last gal but here I am getting mine finished now.
I pulled it out this last week and am working on machine quilting it now. Have to get it finished by Thursday so it can count towards my 25 yards used for our guild challenge this year.