Here is the finished Split 9 Patch quilt I have been working on since last fall. It is all machine stitched except the back of the binding which I finished hand stitching down on Saturday night. It's name is "Hippo Trails" and is 53" x 64" - a lap quilt size for covering up on the couch.
I did do a feather design in the outside border - guess I have a one track mind and I can do feathers pretty easily so went with what works.
Now I know you are all are wondering how I got that name but if you look at the backing you might figure it out. Look carefully at one of the fabrics on the left side towards the top - yes it has hippopotamus on it, thus the name. As you can see I pieced the backing from several different fabrics, wanted to use up some of what I had on hand and these all worked well together I thought.
Got to get busy on another quilt today. Our guild challenge this year is to use 25 yards of fabric from our stash and that means finished projects. I am up to 20 yards so pulled another wallhanging top from my UFO box and will try to get it quilted and bound by next Thursday so I can meet the challenge. You might not hear much from me before then since I will be busy quilting besides the other things that life throws at me.