Wednesday, December 29, 2010

More Work on Machine Quilting

I finally decided that I just couldn't keep the machine stipple quilting I did on the miniature basketIMG_0795 quilt the other day.  The stitches ran together and looked like mush so out it came.  Using little stitches and silk thread that matches the background made it tricky to rip but with the aid of a magnifying glass I got it done.  Here is what it looked like – you agree I am sure.  Remember there is blue ink showing yet but that will all be removed when I finish the quilting.  I echo quilted around the swags and really close to the feather quilting.
IMG_0797
OK, next I decided to echo quilt around the flower motif.  I echo quilted around the swags with a larger spacing and around the feathers with a small echo so the flower echo was quilted between those two sizes.  I quilted all 4 corners then stopped and put it up to study some more before I continue.  I do like the echo quilting so much better than the stipple quilting I did earlier.  I am thinking of continuing the echoing in the rest of the spaces around the flowers.
 
See I told you I am taking my time doing this quilt but guess it is getting ridiculous with just a bit of quilting being done each day.  Oh well, the important part is that I am liking the process and don’t feel pressured to do it quickly even though I do want to get it finished by next week when I have my shoulder surgery.  If I get it done good and if I don’t that is OK too.

Maybe I can get some quilting done tomorrow afternoon.  We are supposed to get some ice and maybe snow but I have to make a trip the Hastings first thing in the morning so hope it holds off until at least tomorrow afternoon.  I can wish that we don’t get a storm but  guess you can not control Mother Nature and we take what we get.

Lynn

3 comments:

Marié du Toit said...

I did like the stipple quilting. The feathers and swags and applique lift off the surface- but so we all have our preferences!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

You are a strong woman...I have some hand quilting in the border of the quilt I'm doing now that I've been putting off taking out for three years. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow so I don't drag the task into the new year...

Seasons Best, Sharyn

Elaine said...

Like Marie said stipple does make the applique stand out. But I'm also a fan of echo quilting. Either one is correct in the right place. It sure takes patience to get all that quilting out. I'm not sure that I'm that way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...