Friday, November 12, 2010

Tiny Feathers

As you see I am again working slowly on this little flower basket quilt.  Didn't want you all to think I stopped altogether since I have not posted any progress for a few days.  You would think with a quilt this small, approximately 14" by 15", I would just get it done.  I am so enjoying taking it slow and if I don't like the way something looks I change it right away and I am not worrying about a time table to get it finished.  When ever it gets done is OK by me.

I did do one row of the echo quilting around the swags then quilted the tiny feathered borders before I finished the echo quilting.  The echo quilting is done with the silk thread to match the background and the feathers were quilted with a little darker tan thread to make them show up a little more.
I used a paintbrush and a little water to remove the blue quilting marking lines so I could inspect the quilting lines.  Whoops, I see a loop on the feathers that needs fixed already.  At this point I don't need to remove all of the blue marks but enough so I can tell if my stitching lines look OK with the echo quilting and that the loops look right.  Will re-do anything I do not like.  Using the paint brush I can control where I put the water since I don't want the outside border feather quilting lines to get wet and disappear or get too smudgy to follow.

Until Later,
Lynn

3 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Looks good! I'll have to try your paintbrush idea.

Mary L. said...

Looking good!

Michelle said...

Wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...