This time I wanted a smaller purse so reduced the Belle bag by 75% for starters. I did take more out of the width of the pattern too….in hind sight this was not a good idea. I don’t mean the shrinking the pattern but the extra 2” I took out of the width. OK, here is the bag as it was originally made.
The outside front has two pockets – love the curved look. This came straight from the pattern but I did change the backside by adding another pocket to hold my cell phone. I used the trim on either side of that pocket. There is a zippered pocket at the top that came straight from the pattern.
First I quilted the strip then trimmed it down to 2” and I quilted strips for the lining too. I then cut the front and back purse/bag sections down 3” shorter than I originally had cut it. I also straightened the sides of of the purse (it was tapered before) then added the strips to the straightened sides. This made the whole purse a little wider. You can see the zippered pocket in the lining on one side and the pocket on the other side. I stitched Velcro onto the strap and the pocket as I just hate it when my precious stuff falls out of my purse!