Monday, July 14, 2008

Coiled Mats Done

Yesterday I finished the last of the three mats I was making using the cotton clothesline. They are sure quick projects and it is fun to see what the fabrics will look like after they are wrapped around the clothesline. The patterns in the fabrics disappear for the most part and you just get color.


I ended up taking a nap yesterday afternoon too - something I never do but I was so tired. Having the granddaughters for a week plus the other company we had this week was tiring. I was hoping the nap wouldn't keep me from sleeping last night and it didn't, thank goodness. I feel rested and ready to tackle the next project. Have not decided what that will be yet though.
...........................................
I will have to go shopping this week and am thinking tomorrow is the day. When you live about an hour from any shopping area besides the local store for groceries you have to plan ahead and usually it involves a full day. If you drive that far you better get all you need at once, especially now that the price of gas is so high.
..........................
Need to get backing for my mystery quilt and some fabric for the applique class I will be taking at QuiltNebraska in Chadron next week. I had my friend that owns Quilter's Delight in Holdrege order the pattern that Aie Rossman is using for this class. She will get it to me at convention but had her email me the yardage requirements. Think I have fabric here for the flowers and leaves but need to get backing yet. Since I usually only buy fat quarters I don't have any piece big enough. At least I don't think I do - have not checked my stash yet. One of the granddaughters is turning 7 so need to do birthday shopping too plus general supplies at Sams, etc.
.......................................
Listening to the silence in the house ....ahhhhh, wonderful!
Lynn
...................................

Question - can anyone tell me why I can not separate my paragraphs now. Have entered spaces between the paragraphs and they disappear when I publish the post. Makes it hard to read with all paragraphs run together. It didn't used to do this so don't know what happened. I have resorted to putting in a bunch of periods between the paragraphs to help.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...