For the back I chose one bird and centered that fabric square between drapery fabric. I added a zippered pocket between that panel and the top drapery panel. I didn’t want the zipper to go all across the back of the bag since the corners will turn to become the sides of the purse. Actually this photo shows the back stitched to the front so you can see how far the zipper extends to the sides.
I stitched fabrics to the ends of the zipper to make the strip the same width as the back of the bag. I inserted it between the top and bottom panel then added a piece the same size as the back as pocket lining. The last step was sewing on the vinyl to the bottom of the bag.
One more step done – am liking this bag more with each step.