Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fairy Princess and Fairy Queen Quilts

Good Morning Everyone!
Nothing current to show you so will show and tell you about two of the smallest doll bed quilts I have made. The doll beds are about 1/2" wide and 1 1/4" long and are made of pink painted tin. At the time I bought these I wondered if I could make quilts for beds this small and decided to challenge myself so purchased them.
I fused on tiny 1/4" hearts then did a very tiny buttonhole stitch by hand around each one. At the time I was making these I really was having a hard time seeing as I needed to get my glasses updated so things were not as clear and sharp as I needed. To solve my delima I got the magnifying glass with the handle from upstairs and used that to help see where I was stitching.
I was working in the basement by myself and had un-zipped my jeans a little to poke the handle in and zipped them up to hold it. You know you need two hands to do needlework so what else is a girl to do!
About the time I got everything situated and was stitching away my husband came down to visit and see what I was doing. He just rolled his eyes when he saw the magnifying glass.
I told my family about it and for Christmas that year one of my sisters gave me a magnifying glass that hangs around my neck and props up on my chest - she thought it would be a good joke but I use it a lot so the joke is on her I guess.
The lattice lines and scolloped border are all embroidered. I hand quilted these tiny quilts and made teeny tiny pillows for them. At the time we had a house cat and she kept taking off with the pillows or batting them around so ended up stitching them onto the top of the quilt so they would stay put. I named these two quilts "Fairy Princess" and "Fairy Queen".
Happy Quilting....
Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...