Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ready, Set, Go

This afternoon I am working on quilting the first miniature flower basket quilt. So far I have the flowers, leaves and basket in the center outlined and the background in the center finished. I just did a small stipple in the background. I am using YLI silk thread - burgundy for the flowers, green for the leaves, brown for the basket and pale yellow for the background.

Notice the red ring - that is the Quilt Halo sold by Sharon Schamber. It really holds the quilt down and is easy to grip to move the quilt around while stitching.

This is what it looks like from the back.
Yesterday I got rid of the crutches and am hobbling around with out them now. So far my foot is doing pretty good but my other leg gets really tired taking most of the weight. I do have to take breaks to put it up and put an ice bag on it periodically and that helps.

Back to quilting,
Lynn

2 comments:

free indeed said...

THat really turned out cute. It amazes me how you designed it as you went along...I don't think I have the talent to do that...I KNOW I don't. That sure is lovely. Congrats!

Geta Grama said...

The miniature looks so pretty ! I am glad you came back to quilting !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...