Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm Back....

Well I am back on the computer tonight to do a sort of catch up since my trip to Paducah for the AQS show. I again went with my two sisters and college friend but this year my niece went along too. We had a great time at the show seeing all the wonderful quilts and shopping until our legs felt like they were going to drop off. Our hostess is the sweetest lady (mother-in-law of our friend) and it is so nice to stay in town just a few blocks from the convention center.
You can see the award winning quilts on this AQS page. We are not supposed to post photos of the quilts, besides the photos on this page are great.

We brought some food along and plenty of snacks and several local wines from near each of the areas we live. We had happy hour each night on our hostess's screened in porch to rest our feet before we had our dinner - oh what luxury! Our hostess cooked dinner for us at night which was also a wonderful treat. Last year we talked her into letting us take her out to eat one time but she wouldn't hear of it this year. We try to help with the cooking and clean up and sneaked down to the laundry to get the sheets washed, dried and on the beds before we left on Saturday morning.

The dogwood trees were beautiful even after the horrific ice storm they had in Paducah last winter. Think they and the azaleas had started blooming sooner this year as some were starting to drop or fade but they still were a sight to see, so beautiful.
For those who don't know about these dogwood flowers they are about 3" across - HUGE! The trees are just loaded with the flowers.
Around town the downed tree branches from most of the trees have been picked up but we did see several large piles in front yards yet. The tree trimmers were still at work in places too.
This is the flood wall in Paducah near the downtown area. The murals painted on it are magnificent and a sight to see.
I got home late Saturday night April 25th then life took over. I did get to take a wonderful machine quilting class from Pat Rodgers on the Monday after I got home in Grand Island. Was tired but wanted the chance to take a class from a nationally known instructor and I learned a lot.

The rest of the time between then and now have been really hectic. Needless to say I have not been able to get any sewing done and probably won't for a little while longer. After several Dr. apt., MRI, etc. I am scheduled for surgery on my foot on this Thursday. My Dr. says the surgery should be fairly easy but will have to be off my left foot for a while. I may be able to sit at the computer or sewing machine for short periods I hope.

Until later,

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...