Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blue on Blue…The Top Is Done!

I finally got the borders sewn on the Blue on Blue quilt.  It laid on the floor of my living room for over a month just waiting and waiting and waiting.  This was the week to get it wrapped up and stitch those borders on.  It wasn’t difficult, first 5” border out of cream/navy print, second 5” border of pieced blocks and final 2 1/2” border of the cream/navy print.IMG_3975
Here is a close up photo of the cream/navy print I use for the borders.  I don’t know when I will get this quilted but at least it is all pieced now.  I do plan to bind it in a navy print to finish out the outside edge with a dark color. (Forgot to add that it measures 96x106 so is a very large quilt.)IMG_3977
I now need to figure out what my next project will be so maybe I will have something to write about again that is sewing related.  I am sorry it has been so long between posts but when I was doing no sewing it was hard to post sewing blog posts.  I hope the other posts didn’t bore you too much.

Other posts on making this quilt in case you are interested in looking back to see how I made it.
June 13,15,27,28, July 3,5,6,8,9,10 all under the label Blue on Blue.

Until Later,
Lynn

7 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

This turned out really nice! Your corners work so well also. Good job!

Don't worry about how many times you post - hey, we all have a life in addition to quilting! 8-))

Geta Grama said...

It looks great, Lynn.
Love the two solid borders.

YankeeQuilter said...

Your blue quilt came out great! Really like the pieced border.

Carol said...

One of the things that drew me to your blog was this quilt so am glad to see it again! And I enjoy non-quilting posts as well. Life happens to all of us and it's interesting to see what other quilters have going on. Makes it all more realistic I guess. Plus I have never been to Nebraska so I love pictures you and Elaine Adair post--think I found your blog through hers. BTW, I smile every time I look at the hot mat my granddaughter made for me. So glad you posted that and helped me along with it as well. My granddaughter really enjoyed that activity.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Beautiful! I love the simplicity of the design and the blue fabrics are lovely...I love blue in anything :o)

jennifer said...

A really excellent quilt--sometimes there's nothing better than a play of 2 colors and an interesting layout of simple geometry.

Amy said...

Beautiful quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...