Monday, August 1, 2011

More Potholders

I can finally show you the other three potholders/hot pads I made from old jean fabric.  These were made as gifts for friends and I didn’t present them until this last weekend. 
IMG_3475IMG_3479IMG_3483
I tried to coordinate them with the tea pots that were also part of their gift.  They might be a little large for the pots but will protect the table from the heat of a pot full of hot water and they can be used as potholders too.
IMG_3473IMG_3477IMG_3481
The next photo was sent to me from a reader of my blog following the tutorial I posted on this blog entry.
photo 2
  She helped her granddaughter make these potholders when they had a sewing day together recently.  Aren’t they cute? She did such a good job too for a young girl.  Her grandmother said if she were making them again she might cut the batting a little smaller so it wouldn’t have a chance to peak out.  I think that would be a good idea – the 1/2” smaller size worked for me but a child would have more trouble keeping the batting hidden under the cotton print and cutting it smaller would solve that problem.  Thanks Carol for sending the photo!.

Lynn

3 comments:

Karen said...

I've been thinking I need some new potholders, I'll have to try out your tutorial. I think you have some pretty lucky friends!

Ivory Spring said...

What thoughtful gifts!

Carol said...

My DIL loved the potholder she was given for her birthday from my granddaughter. The G/D was so proud of her work and had written something on each of the edges on the back: her name, Happy Birthday, date, and I Love You! all written in black pigma pen. After washing the lettering had faded faintly so I traced back over them. The owl one is for me and I love it!
quiltinggranna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...