Friday, April 30, 2010

Paducah Flowers

My last Paducah report is dedicated to all the pretty flowers in bloom while we were there.  The dogwoods were still in bloom but a lot of them had dropped their petals since they had been blooming for a while so I really had to hunt for some that still looked pretty good.  The flowers are so beautiful and so large.  Sure wish we could grow them in Nebraska but it just gets much too cold here in the winters.
 Our hostess BJ had azaleas in front of her house that were just beautiful.  The flowers are so dense the bushes look like balls of bright color.  Driving around Paducah we had a chance to see many colors of azaleas.  All are so pretty I am not sure I could pick a favorite.
We all look forward to this trip to Paducah each year and then the time goes by so fast.  I wish we could make time suspend for a while so we could savor the experience more.  Our drive home is long, dropping off people as we go - Columbia, Mo then Kansas City, Nebraska City then home for me.  It took 13 hours from when we left at 7:30 am in the morning until 8:30 pm when I got home.  I was so tired of sitting but very glad to get home before dark.

Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...