Monday, September 26, 2011

Easy Quick Meal

I just hate to stop what I am doing and make a meal if I am in the middle of a sewing or quilting project.   I have several quick easy meals that I can whip up in about 10 minutes and they taste good too!  Here is what I made today – Tortellini with chicken and Alfredo sauce and green beans with bacon.IMG_4650
I buy the fresh tri-colored cheese filled tortellini at Sams or Wallmart and keep a package or two in my freezer most of the time ready to use at a moments notice and today was such a day.  Here are the all the ingredients in the main dish, all kept in the cupboard or freezer to be ready when needed.IMG_4634The first thing I do is put on a large pot of water to cook the tortellini then I started the sauce.  Chop the onion (I only use about 1/3 of one onion for one can of chicken), cook in about 2-3 teaspoons of oil until onions are soft, add a can of drained chopped chicken, chop it up a bit more with the spoon then add the jar of Alfredo sauce.  My favorite brand is Bertolli.  Yum….it smells so good while it is simmering until the rest is ready.  The pasta only needs a few minutes to cook and then it will be drained and ready to serve.
IMG_4636 IMG_4638 IMG_4639
IMG_4641 IMG_4646 IMG_4649
I also served green beans cooked with chopped bacon.  I also keep a package of pre-cooked bacon in the freezer so took a couple of slices out and chopped them up and added them to the green beans.  I did start the beans when I started the water for the tortellini pasta so they could cook a few minutes to get the flavor of the bacon infused into the beans.IMG_4644
Normally I would have something for a salad but didn’t have anything on hand but John and I enjoyed the meal the way it was.  It was very flavorful and hearty and for me was quick and easy.

Do any of you have recipes that your go to when you need a quick and easy meal?  Please share as I would love to have a few more I can rely on.

Lynn

3 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Great recipe; never thought of canned chicken. The best I do is frozen meat loaf! Either that, or Super Dogs (Canned chili and hot dogs). Doesn't sound as good as the chicken totellini!

Anonymous said...

Sounds really tasty! I have an easier meal, if you have a crockpot: just take your raw chicken pieces and place them in a crockpot (they could be boneless or bone-in), then pour a 16 oz. jar of salsa over it. The Kraft website says to sprinkle it with curry powder, but when I serve this for my Bee group, I omit the curry. Just cook on low until the chicken is done; you need to adjust the cooking time for the type of chicken you use - obviously boneless breasts take less time than bone-in thighs.

When done you can serve this over rice or pasta or noodles, etc. I've also stirred sour cream into the sauce before serving ... Yum! It takes longer to tello you about it than it does to actually DO it, and I always have something warm and tasty for dinner when I plan on a marathon quilting day! Hope you try it and enjoy it.

Ivory Spring said...

Looks yummy - can I come over?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...