Saturday, December 19, 2009

Beaded Gifts

Yesterday was a most wonderful day. Three of my good friends that I room with each year at QuiltNebraska Convention met here at my house for a day of visiting, having lunch and beading. We try to get together for our birthdays and do something fun. We used to meet and go shopping and have long lunches but anymore we would rather just get together and visit. We met at Janet's store Quilter's Delight in Holdrege for my birthday in September and Fay taught us how to do bead weaving.

Yesterday I invited them all here to celebrate Janet's birthday. We again worked on beading projects and had a great time. I took photos of the beaded gifts that Fay had made. These first three were Christmas gifts to Janet, Shirley and me. The photos don't really do the ornaments justice as they are all beaded around antique wooden spools and so tiny. They are just so cute! The first one is Janet's and has cardinals on it. The second has angels and belongs to Shirley and the one on the far right is the one Fay gave to me and has a frog on it. The backside has bees flying above the water. Like I said before - cute, cute, cute!!!

She also showed us others she had made for other gifts she plans to give. The one on the left is Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus and the one on the right is bells.

Left has a snowman and the right one is a Christmas tree.

Here are the last two - another Holy Family and a poinsettia.

Each of the spools has a little charm hanging from the bottom and has a ribbon hanger. Homemade gifts are the very best.

Lynn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very original !!! I' like it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...