Monday, December 21, 2009

Star and Tulip Amulet Bag

Remember me telling you about the beading class I took in Grand Island this fall? Well, I finally got the Star and Tulip amulet bag finished as of last night. I had the bag part done right after the class but wasn't sure how to attach the neck strap or the fringe until we had our friends day here last Friday.

The class I took was on learning how to do the herringbone stitch while making this bag. It is 2 1/4" wide by 2 1/2" long with 2" fringe.



It will be so much fun to wear - not sure what I have that will look good with it right now. Oooo...maybe that means I need to go shopping for a shirt to go with it!

This beading stuff is really fun but I need to get back to sewing my started quilts (UFOs) one of these days. I have the Scrapaholic quilt needing borders, the Bonnie Hunter mystery to complete, my miniature flower basket quilt needing to have the applique finished then completed. There are a couple of basted quilts in my closet needing to be machine quilted and the miniature flower garden quilt that I have partially hand quilted....probably more projects partially done too but can't think of them right now.

You know maybe it is good to have several projects going at the same time. Don't know about you but I get bored doing the same thing day after day so maybe that is why I jump from project to project. I must remember to finish some of them though!

Here's wishing you well as Christmas draws near. Don't get too frazzled with all the preparations and take time to enjoy your friends and family. Time has a way of slipping by so quickly.

Lynn

1 comment:

Elaine Adair said...

Wow - this is gorgeous! I've been eyeing the 'Indian" style of beading, and this kinda fits between that style and today's modern style. I LOVE it! You'll be quite the conversation piece wearing this. Clever girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...