Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Starch Fabric - Carolina Christmas


I starch most of the fabric I use in the quilts I make. I find it just makes it a little stiffer and stitches together so nicely. The fabric behaves better after stitching too if I starch the fabrics before I cut them and it removes the wrinkles from fabric that has been folded. (The gold fabric laying out has not been starched yet.)

I buy the heavy starch in a spray bottle and the cheapest I can find as I think it works just as well as the more expensive kind.

I do lay a piece of fabric on my ironing surface to catch the overspray and any starch that might soak through the pieces I am starching. This wild fabric that I have on the ironing board really should be washed as it is so stiff since I have used it for some time.

Got all my gold and cream fabrics pressed and the pieces cut for step 1.

Lynn

1 comment:

Geta Grama said...

I don't use starch but I think it is a great idea ! Thank you for sharing it !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...