Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Scrapaholic Borders

Ok, this is my plan for borders for the Scrapaholic quilt. Over the years I have not purchased large pieces of fabric and since I am on a mission to use up my stash I decided to make the outside border on my Scrapaholic quilt using lots of red fabrics. Don't plan to have any fancy piecing just strips sewn together. I have all the pieces pressed and starched and most are either a fat quarter or less in size. Think I will cut the pieces in various lengths, mix up the bright and dull reds and hopefully it will look OK. Right now the plan is for this border to be cut about 8" wide.

The fabric I choose for the first border is in the photo below. I do have plenty of this fabric because it was originally purchased to make valance curtains for my grandson's bedroom. S. changed her mind so it just stayed in my stash and I think it will be perfect in this quilt. Am thinking of making this border a 2.5" to 3" wide. Want to lay both the border fabrics along side the quilt top to see how it looks before I make a commitment and start cutting.

I probably will not have time to get it cut and stitched until next week - life getting in the way of sewing again!

With Christmas coming I really need to get my house cleaned so I can put up a few decorations. Every year I say I am not getting it all out but it always looks so nice when it is done and it is such fun to unwrap everything. Some things bring back such nice memories of past Christmases and of family here and those who have passed on so I will probably put most of it out. Will let you know if I go all the way and use lots of the decorations or if I will pare down and just put out a few.

Lynn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your choice of reds for the border. Your "making do" might just be the BEST design solution anyway!

I have to chuckle, because I saw you at Carole's (Kiwi) so I went all the way to NZ to meet someone from NE (I'm from MO here in the States- practically your neighbor!) hee hee hee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...