Friday, February 19, 2010

Pieced Backing


Since this is a year of using my stash and the fact that I don't have many large pieces of fabric I am piecing the backing for the Split Nine Patch quilt.

I have laid out the fabrics I want to use for the backing. I lay them out over the top to make sure I have it large enough to make the backing then I will starch and iron the pieces and square them up before I stitch them together. Will show you when I get that done.

Does anyone else piece their backing like this? If you do please give me any hints you may have. I am thinking since I am machine quilting this piece all the extra seams really won't make much difference.

Until Later,
Lynn

1 comment:

Melody said...

I piece all my backings. One tip is to make sure you starch the back well so it sits flat. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...