Monday, March 16, 2009

Tiny Applique

Here is the block I worked on this weekend. As you can see from the ruler how small it is so definitely was tricky to cut the pieces. I do like the design I came up with but not sure about the fabrics - too bad I got in a hurry and fused everything down already!

I think it is too matchy, matchy for one thing and another the dark leaves against the basket don't show up if you are over a foot away. The values of the different fabrics are just too close together. Forgot to get out my value finders when I was working on it.

For those of you that don't know what I am talking about I will explain. I have these two Plexiglas pieces, one red and one green. You hold them in front of your eyes and look at your project. The theory is that it takes the color out and you just see value.
I took the next two photos with the value finder over my camera lens. The photo is not exactly what I see but you get the idea. If you notice, the green filter makes the dark green leaves disappear on the basket. The values of the flowers are also too much alike too. Will keep this block but will work on another to see if I can make it better for the miniature quilt I am planning.
Happy Quilting!

Lynn

1 comment:

Mary L. said...

Very cute basket. Is it part of a set of blocks? I sometimes get in too big of a hurry and regret fabric choices after it is too late to do anything about it. Think of it this way..folks will just have to come up and get close and personal to appreciate the true beauty. Sometimes that is a good thing..to have surprises when they get close.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...